Though your makeup probably doesn’t have an expiration date listed on the packaging, it’s not going to serve you well forever. When you’re wondering when you should be throwing away your cosmetics, consider the following advice from our Tacoma Botox clinic:
- Mascara and Liquid Eyeliner: These products are prone to cultivating bacteria, and shouldn’t be kept for longer than three or four months after their first use.
- Liquid Foundation: If properly stored, foundations can be good for about a year. Just take care to store it away from heat, and don’t “double dip” to keep the bacteria out of the fluid.
- Lip Gloss: Not as likely to grow bacteria than other liquid substances, lip gloss can be good for at least six months.
- Lipstick: Should be good for about a year.
- Powders: Powder-based products are generally pretty stable, and should be good for up to two years unless you notice an odor or a change in the product’s color.