Did you know that there are five broad categories that your skin can fall into? Knowing which type of skin you have is a big part of knowing your skin’s needs, and building your skincare regimen appropriately. Take these tips from our Tacoma botox clinic to help you determine what kind of skin you have.
General Skin Types
- Oily: Oily skin is characteristic of an overproduction of oils in the sebaceous glands. If you have enlarged pores and a shiny t-zone, you probably have oily skin. Oily skin is more susceptible to breakouts, but is also ages more slowly than other skin types.
- Combination: Also called “normal skin”, combination skin is the most common variety. It lands right between the extremes of oily and dry skin, possibly featuring a somewhat shiny t-zone coupled with spots of dryness. Combination skin generally features medium-sized pores and a good, healthy-looking color.
- Dry: The opposite of oily skin, dry skin is prone to drying and flaking. It can take on a tight feel, particularly after a cleansing.
- Sensitive: Sensitive skin is thin and somewhat delicate, prone to irritation from the sun and many skin-related products.
- Aging/Sun-Damaged: Damaged skin is similar to dry skin, but it has lost a lot of its elasticity. It may sag, wrinkly, and take on a leathery appearance.