Herpes zoster, commonly known as shingles, is caused by the chickenpox virus. It generally appears in older adults or people who have weak immune systems. Coming in the form of a rash on one side of the body, it can result in blisters that are painful to deal with. Should you suffer from shingles, our Tacoma Botox clinic offers the following tips on dealing with it:
- Try to keep from picking at or scratching your blisters. If not aggravated, they should crust over and fall off soon enough.
- You can reduce the discomfort of your sores with a cool, moist compress. Try following this with a calamine lotion.
- Cornstarch or baking soda can be applied to sores to dry them out and let them heal.
- When your sores crust over, soak them with tap water to clear away the crust, decrease any oozing, and soothe your skin.
- Seek out a topical cream to reduce the inflammation caused by your shingles.
- Should you experience any infection, consult your doctor.